Your Questions Answered

What fuel should I use with my oil fired range cooker (AGA)?

Most oil fired range cookers are powered with kerosene, although some use gas oil.

A range cooker-friendly version of kerosene, Exocet, is available which reduces the build up of carbon deposits and soot, minimising service problems. Just let your local depot know you have a range cooker when you place an order.

Does the number of litres I order affect the price?

Yes it does. Larger orders (of 1,000 litres or more) are often less per litre than smaller orders (500 litres). This is because it is less economical to deliver lots of small orders, rather than a few larger orders.

Our minimum order is 500 litres.

When will I get my delivery?

Emo Oil is proud of our fast delivery times, typically within 48 hours. The current delivery period is given to you when you get a quote and may be shorter or longer depending on demand.

How do I pay for my oil?

There are a number of ways you can pay:

  1. Firstly you can pay via your credit or debit card when you place your order.
  2. If you wish to pay once you have an invoice, you can call the Automated Payment line on 0345 026 4069
  3. Finally for those who want a convenient way to manage their fuel payments, our Easy Payment Plan is for you. Our Easy Payment Plan is a Direct Debit scheme, which allows you to better manage the cost of your fuel throughout the year.

Can I get my invoices by email?

Yes you can, to sign up email with your name and account number to stop paper bills.

What should I do if there is a leak in my tank?

In the event of a leak we recommend that you contact your tank manufacturer immediately.

In the meantime, there are some simple steps you can take to try and prevent any substantial damage.

  • Rub the crack with soap which can act as a temporary fix for smaller cracks.
  • Products such as a clay based leak sealing putty (available from selected retailers) can also temporarily seal the crack/leak. You should then look to organise a tank replacement.
  • Finally, you should contact the 24-hour Environment Agency's UK Pollution Incident hotline on 0800 80 70 60.

You can also find further useful advice at

What do I need to know about oil storage?

The Environment Agency and OFTEC have produce guides to help oil users. The PDFs below cover the important things you need to know about storing oil and looking after your tank.